Name of Company: Korbitec (Pty) Limited (Reg no: 1987/000763/07)
Description of core business: Development, sale and support of computer software applications
Name of Body: Korbitec (Pty) Limited
Physical Address: 1 Waterford Mews, Century Boulevard, Century City
Postal Address: 1 Waterford Mews, Century Boulevard, Century City, 7441
Information Officer: Vanessa Williams
Telephone No: + 27 21 6589700
Fax No: + 27 21 6589701
In terms of section 10 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 the Human Rights Commission must compile in each official language a guide containing such information, in an easily comprehensible form and manner, as may reasonably be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in this Act.
The particulars of the Head Office of the Human Rights Commission are as follows: Private Bag 2700 Houghton 2041 JOHANNESBURG Tel: (011) 484-8300 Fax: (011) 484-7146
Website: www.sahrc.org.za Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Records are kept by the body in accordance with the following legislation: Companies Act 61 of 1973
- Insolvency Act 24 of 1936
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Unemployment Insurance Act 63 of 2001
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Skills Development Levies Act 9 of 1999
- Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998
- Pension Fund Act 24 of 1956
- Unemployment Insurance Contribution Fund Act 4 of 2000
A: Records which are available without a person having to request them in terms of the Act – SECTION 51(1)(C)
- Product and Services Brochures
B: Records that may be Requested
- General documents
Internal and External correspondence; Financial Accounts and all supporting documentation
- Purchasing Documents
These relate to purchasing function within company and supply contracts)
- Operational Information
Such information as is required for the day-to-day running of Korbitec (Pty) Limited. For instance: internal phone lists; address lists; company policies; contracts; employee records; licences; general “housekeeping” information
- Information Technology
Records Software Manuals & Installation Instructions as well as the licensing documentation
- Other Employee Records
The terms and conditions of employment, non-disclosure agreement and electronic use policy, salary and wages register
Website address: (www.korbitec.com)
- Other Sources of Information
C: The Request Procedures
Form of request:
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the head of the private body. This request must be made to the address, fax number or electronic mail address of the body concerned [s 53(1)].
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head of the private body to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed [s 53(2)(a) and (b) and (c)].
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right [s 53(2)(d)].
- If a request is made on behalf of a another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head of the private body [s 53(2)(f)].
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- The head of the private body must notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request [s 54(1)].
- The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee [s 54(3)(b)].
- After the head of the private body has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure [s 54(6)].
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
- Available from the Human Rights Commission
- Korbitec website at www.korbitec.com
- Available in printed format at Korbitec’s premises