The Deeds Office Person Search provides online information from the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform on property ownership on a natural or juristic person at any of the 11 Deeds Offices in South Africa.
Searches are performed by providing the name or ID/registration number. Searches are available for one or multiple Deeds Offices (with a search charge applicable for each selected Deeds Office). A batch search facility is also available and can be accessed from the Deeds Office Person Search input page.
- Select ‘Deeds Office Person (Natural/Juristic)’ under the ‘Person’ offering on the search Menu.
- Supply required search criteria and select ‘Search’.
- Select ‘Deeds Office Person’ under the ‘Property’ offering on the search Menu.
- Select the ‘Batch Search’ option on the Deeds Office Property input page.
- Supply required search criteria or upload a file. Select ‘Search’.
The “Golden Rule” of Deeds Office Person searching is “Less is More”. The Deeds Office has a very specific way of capturing data and it may be registered in a different manner to what is expected. It is recommended to put in the least amount of information available and allow Lexis WinDeed to provide a list of possible matches. For assistance in searching to maximise a successful search result, please contact the Lexis WinDeed Support Team at 0861 946 888.
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform charges for every query to their database. This includes searches with the result of “Not Found” since in many cases, “Not Found” is a meaningful search result.