The Deeds Office Tracking System (DOTS) is a system that the Deeds Office uses to track the progress of documents.
Each document lodged at the Deeds Office has a barcode allocated to it. This barcode is scanned when the document moves from one stage in the Deeds Office process to the next.
The DOTS Search returns information on the status of a document as it moves through the registration process at the Deeds Office.
Searches can be performed by providing a document barcode, details of a person or company linked to the document or details of a property linked to the document as search criteria.
- Property information associated with the document
- Seller information associated with the document
- Tracking information
- Depending on the type of DOTS Search you want to make, select ‘DOTS Barcode’, ‘DOTS Person’ or ‘DOTS Property’ from the ‘Person’ offering on the search Menu (recommend search by barcode if available).
- Supply required search criteria and select ‘Proceed’. Lexis WinDeed will return a list of results that matches the criteria provided.
- Locate the document on the list and select ‘Search’ to perform a search.