Once you’ve downloaded the Lexis WinDeed shortcut, it should look something like this:
Unfortunately, your specific operating system can block the Lexis WinDeed icon from being downloaded when the shortcut was created. This all depends on your security and administrative settings. When this is the case, the Lexis WinDeed shortcut will look as follows:
You can however attempt to download and link the Lexis WinDeed icon to your Lexis WinDeed shortcut on your desktop manually.
How to manually add the the Lexis WinDeed icon to your WinDeed shortcut link
To manually add the Lexis WinDeed icon, follow the following steps:
- Download the Lexis WinDeed icon by right-clicking on the image below and selecting the ‘Save image as…’ option on the menu provided.
- Right-click on the Lexis WinDeed shortcut on your desktop and select the Properties menu item.
- Select the ‘Change icon…’ button located on the Web Document tab. This action will prompt you to pick a new icon.
- Browse to the Lexis WinDeed icon you downloaded at step 1 and select ‘OK’. The Change icon dialog will close and you will be returned to the Lexis WinDeed Properties dialog. Select ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
- Your Lexis WinDeed shortcut will now display the correct icon.